Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum
Head of School & Teacher Programs, 2008 – 2009
Directed all school and teacher programs within a nationally recognized museum education mission. Programs included:
• New Literacies, a hands-on school program for kindergarten to third grades that focuses on expanding visual and creative literacy.
• New World Kids, a summer program for five- and six-year olds and creative thinking.
• Teacher In-Service Workshops: workshop titles include, “Teaching Tough Topics with Contemporary Art,” “Writing and Art,” “Inquiry-based Conversations: A Strategy for Engaging Students.”
Museum Educator: School & Teacher Programs, 2004–2008
Taught and administered all school and teacher programs, including the following:
• Student Docent Program, a school program for grades five through twelve that trains students to lead conversations about contemporary art with their peers using questions.
• Art & Writing Institute, 2006 and 2007
Directed the Art & Writing Institute, a conference for K-12 teachers that advanced the relationship between art and writing in primary and secondary classrooms. Curated and hired national leaders in teaching and thinking within the visual and written arts.